As we walked in the waiter was very professional, attentive and entertained my curiosity by showing us the gorgeous private dining room. I learned this area is available for reservation or during wine tasting events. It is lined with glass walls and a large wine collection with over 80% of the wines coming from Italy ranging in price from $500 pesos to $4000 pesos the bottle. They also have a selection of Mexicans wines from Casa Madero and Santo Tomas. Each month they host an intimate wine tasting and food pairing event from differents wine houses. We'll be sure to keep you updated on the next one!
As we finally sat down to try the meal, we ordered a variety off the menu. I love Italian food, it's my comfort food and Spasso didn't disappoint. They start you off with olive oil and balsamic vinegar with a bag of freshly made bread.
Then we tried the first courses:
- The caciucco toscano seafood soup with shrimp, mussels, clams, squid and fish
- The burrata e pomodori incredibly creamy burrata cheese with tomate and basil
- Insalata Spasso with lettuce, pancetta, bacon, pears poached in white wine and pecans
For our main dish we had:
- Filetto di Manzo al Gorgonzola Beef sirloin with a Gorgonzola cheese sauce
- Ravioli ricotta e spinaci
- Tiramisu incredibly rich and as decadent as it should be
- Souflee Freddo a tart berry mouse with a fascinating texture and perfect to cleanse the palate.
- Also of course a limoncello made in house and Frangelico as a digestive.
The dinner was absolutely delicious and we enjoyed our long dinner filled with conversation, wine and great Italian food. For a special night out Spasso is a great option.
Live music on Thursday and Friday evening 8-10pm Enzo Italian music, English songs and Big Band.
For their menu check out the link below:
To learn more about Spasso:
Spasso Italian Cuisine
Elegant dining In the Heart of Merida
A few weeks ago we tried Spasso an authentic Italian authentic located in the Hyatt, Merida. We had been hearing lots of great reviews and decided to try it ourselves. The restaurant itself is chic and elegant a perfect spot for a romantic dinner or intimate evening with friends.
Spasso started in the Hyatt over ten years ago as an Italian restaurant priding themselves on maintaining the true essence of Italy. The concept changed when Amuza restaurant replaced Spasso in the same location for several years, but now just last year Spasso is back and so is the Italian kitchen! They import many of the ingredients direcly from Italy and they offer a full gourmet menu with salads, soups, antipastos, risottos, seafood and meat dishes, pastas and some fabulous desserts. They also have a stone pizza oven and make fresh foccacia and pizzas.